United Nations Human Rights Council/Universal Period Review Internship Program
Each year, three opportunities arise for Australians to undertake self-funded internships at the Australian Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Geneva during the sessions of the UN Human Rights Council (and sometimes a session of the Universal Periodic Review). The Mission seeks people with the skills, education, knowledge and abilities to contribute to advancing Australia\’s national interests in the United Nations.
The Australian Permanent Mission to the United Nations offers the opportunity for Australians to undertake voluntary internships on a self-funded basis during sessions of the Human Rights Council and the Universal Periodic Review.
The Mission seeks people with the skills, education, knowledge and abilities to contribute to advancing Australia\’s national interests in the UN. Applicants should possess relevant qualifications and background, with preference being given to those who have completed, or are completing, tertiary studies in areas such as political science, international relations, law, human rights, environment or international development. Prior exposure to, or demonstrated knowledge of, the United Nations system is highly desirable.
Applications for internships in 2015/16 will be open from:
1 December 2015 – 8 January 2016 (for the April – June 2016 UPR/HRC Sessions)
1 – 15 April 2016 (for the September – November 2016 HRC/UPR Sessions)
1 – 15 July 2016 (for the February – March 2017 HRC Session)
The candidates they are looking for MUST be:
- talented, highly motivated and committed to the goals of the Mission;
- good communicators with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- self motivated and innovative
- strategic thinkers and practical problem-solvers;
- team players with good organisational skills;
- a second language is desirable;
- very flexible, adaptable and resourceful;
- sensitive to, and appreciative of diversity; and
- ability to work under pressure with limited guidance.
For further detail please visit the link given below: