JERA International provides high quality and practical training. Drawing on the skills, experience and technical expertise of a growing network of gender expertise from Australia, Pacific, Asia, Africa, Canada and the USA, JERA International can tailor training programmes to suit a number of audiences.
Delivery of training occurs in Australia and overseas. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Current modules include:
- CEDAW – Integration of the Women’s Convention in Policy and Programmes.
- Bringing Women’s Rights home, covering practical information, strategies and tools for understanding the Commission on the Status of Women and how it operates at the national level.
- Exploring the Millennium Development Goals
- Lobbying and Advocacy Training
- Working Together for Equality : Working with Men and Boys to advance Gender Equality
- Addressing FGM – working with Community Leaders.
- The United Nations system and how it works for women
Women, Peace and Security
- Women, Peace and Security, covering practical application of Security Council Resolutions 1325, 1820, 1888 and 1889.
- Confronting Crises – women’s rights and participation in peace building, peacekeeping and conflict resolution.
- Economic Empowerment of women in post-conflict and post disaster situations
Gender and Development Practice
- Gender and Development – background module
- Gender Policy in Development Practice – how to operationalise gender policy in the development sector.
- The Paris Declaration and its implication on gender
- Advocating Gender Justice in the Economy
- Social Enterprise Training and Start up
- Social Enterprise Training and Start up for CALD and Refugee women
- Participation and representation in local governance structures
- Using storyboards as a means to collect complex social data
- Program design and evaluation