Women and Democracy – Political Visibility and Participation
Originally developed as part of a partnership project with the Women and Media Collective Sri Lanka, This training is specifically designed to work with women leaders from national institutions and provides participants with skills, knowledge, tools and strategies to apply a gender lens to the analysis of policy and practice in order to advance the situation of women in local level leadership positions. This training aims to improve the engagement of women in political life and policy development.
- Women in Politics – overview, history and world comparison
- Anti-Discrimination within the Human Rights Framework
- Political Frameworks and Democratic Representation
- The Australian Electoral System
- From Voter Education to Political Participation